Welcome!

This body of work began sometime in the mid 1990's, as an experiment, seeing if I could adhere a dress to a canvas and create a painting over all the textures. "Dress painting" is a term I came up with to explain these when I simply couldn't think of anything better. Over the years they have evolved, with new elements of collage being added. Dress patterns, photographs, and embroidery all appear from time to time, as well as lino block prints, rubber stamps and gold leaf. I will use this space to explore the beginnings of this series, as well as showing my latest work. If the piece is available for sale you'll find the price at the bottom. Free shipping in the U.S. Contact me at kallencole@aol.com to purchase.

Would you like to see my full website? Head over to KathrineAllenColeman.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(Elle)ements

Holy smokes, here she goes again. Kathrine is half cocked and running around chasing rainbows, and mail delivery trucks, her tail, and well, you get the idea! If you've been reading this blog for any time at all you know that I've been working on a bunch of new pieces for my dress painting series. I have three biggies, just on-the-brink of being done. They are each 24" wide by 56" high.
But, (and this is a big one) along the way these little bitties came up...
Isn't interesting what happens when you aren't really paying attention? These little pieces are all 4" square. They are all little original mixed media pieces, each one is one of a kind, on small stretched canvases. And the best part of these is how versatile they are, here is some of the same group rearranged in a different setting...

So, as these are all little bits, or fragments of the big dresses I've been working on, I've decided to call this group (Elle)ements. I'm just warming up a new blog for them, and they are already on the Spring Gallery web site. You can see them all here!http://thespringgallery.com/section/281207_elle_ements.html
I have a mere 45 available to start, but boxes of new canvases on the way. They are all $25 each, shipping to anywhere in the US will be $6 whether you buy one or one hundred.
These will be coming with me on the road to shows, but I'd also like to start finding some wholesale opportunities. If you have any bright ideas, please pass them along. That's it for now, time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment