Welcome!

This body of work began sometime in the mid 1990's, as an experiment, seeing if I could adhere a dress to a canvas and create a painting over all the textures. "Dress painting" is a term I came up with to explain these when I simply couldn't think of anything better. Over the years they have evolved, with new elements of collage being added. Dress patterns, photographs, and embroidery all appear from time to time, as well as lino block prints, rubber stamps and gold leaf. I will use this space to explore the beginnings of this series, as well as showing my latest work. If the piece is available for sale you'll find the price at the bottom. Free shipping in the U.S. Contact me at kallencole@aol.com to purchase.

Would you like to see my full website? Head over to KathrineAllenColeman.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Paper Dolls on Sale!

Hi folks! Do you hear that? The subtle growling? That scratching noise? That would be the wolf at our door. He usually hangs out near the end of our driveway, but we'd like to send him off for a little while. So here are our sacrificial lambs (talk about mixing metaphors.)

Five of my favorite Paper Dolls, all on sale at $120 each from the regular price of $145. With free shipping anywhere in the USA or Canada.

See one that would brighten your day? Send me an email at kallencole@aol.com First come first serve of course!

Here is #1, a sweet swinging dress made with an East Coast map, and tiny stitched seed beads.
Sorry this one has **sold**



Paper Doll #2 is a groovy A-line from the '60's with a pouf of fabulous trim and a great vintage button.



#3 is one of the few little girl dresses I've done like this. With a line of "smocking" and the tiniest button I've ever seen. Perfect for a baby shower gift!





#4 is a great dress showing off the NOLA area, with a nautical themed button.
(And it just **sold** yay!)




And dress #5 is all about the glitz, shiny silver, with vintage cut glass buttons. The embroidery thread is a deep plum. Go on, add a little drama to your life, (the good kind!)



All of these pieces are matted in acid free mats, with spacers to accommodate the buttons when they are framed. They are all shrink wrapped. Any questions? Let me know.



1 comment:

  1. Your work is so beautiful. I just adore looking at it! Being the grand-daughter of a seamstress, I have a special place in my heart for old patterns. The magic of those yellow sheets, the crinkly sound they make, and the thrill of all those lines, dashes, and arrows. Thanks for giving them new life; you're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete